Dried Apricots are a popular and delicious snack made from dried, fresh apricots. Dried apricots are one type of traditional dried fruit. When treated with sulfur dioxide, the color changes to a bright orange.
Organic fruits not treated with sulfur vapor have a dark-colored drying process that removes most of the water from the apricots, increasing their flavor and sweetness.
The texture of dried apricots is chewy and slightly crunchy, making them convenient to eat alone or as an ingredient in various dishes.
These dry fruits are not only tasty but also full of nutrients. They’re a good source of dietary fiber, which may support digestive health and help prevent constipation.
Dried apricots are also rich in vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, Vitamin E, potassium, and iron.
Vitamin A is necessary for maintaining healthy vision, and potassium plays a role in regulating blood pressure and fluid balance in the body.
Apricot Dry Fruit in Hindi खुबानी ड्राई फ्रूट हिंदी में
सूखे खुबानी एक लोकप्रिय और स्वादिष्ट नाश्ता है जो सूखे, ताजा खुबानी से बनाया जाता है। सुखाने की प्रक्रिया खुबानी से अधिकांश पानी को हटा देती है,
जिससे उनका स्वाद और मिठास बढ़ जाती है। सूखे खुबानी की बनावट चबाने वाली और थोड़ी कुरकुरी होती है, जिससे उन्हें अकेले या विभिन्न व्यंजनों में एक घटक के रूप में खाने के लिए सुविधाजनक बना दिया जाता है। ये ड्राई फ्रूट्स न सिर्फ टेस्टी होते हैं
बल्कि पोषक तत्वों से भी भरपूर होते हैं। वे आहार फाइबर का एक अच्छा स्रोत हैं, जो पाचन स्वास्थ्य का समर्थन कर सकते हैं और कब्ज को रोकने में मदद कर सकते हैं।
सूखे खुबानी Vitamins and Minerals, including Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Potassium, and Iron स्वस्थ दृष्टि बनाए रखने के लिए Vitamin A आवश्यक है, और Potassium शरीर में रक्तचाप और द्रव संतुलन को विनियमित करने में भूमिका निभाता है।
Some dried apricots are also treated with sulfur dioxide to preserve their color and prolong their shelf life. If you’re sensitive to sulfites or prefer to avoid them, look for dried apricots without sulfites.
They can be chopped and added to oatmeal, yogurt, salads, or baked goods to add sweetness and flavor. Remember to balance their intake with a variety of other nutrient-rich foods to maintain a complete diet.
History of Dried Apricots
The history of dried apricots dates back thousands of years and is linked to the development of agriculture and food preservation techniques.
Apricots are believed to have originated in Central Asia, specifically in the region that includes present-day China and Mongolia.
Drying fruits, including apricots, allows people to extend the shelf life of perishable foods, making them available for consumption during times of scarcity, such as during the winter months or periods of drought.
The cultivation and popularity of apricots and dried apricots spread to various parts of the world over time.
As trade routes expanded, apricot trees were brought to regions such as the Middle East, North Africa, Europe, and eventually the Americas.
Even today, dried apricots remain a beloved and versatile food. They are enjoyed as a snack, used in cooking and baking, and appreciated for their natural sweetness and nutritional benefits.
सूखे खुबानी का इतिहास हजारों साल पुराना है और यह कृषि और खाद्य संरक्षण तकनीकों के विकास से जुड़ा हुआ है। माना जाता है कि खुबानी की उत्पत्ति मध्य एशिया में हुई थी,
विशेष रूप से उस क्षेत्र में जिसमें वर्तमान चीन और मंगोलिया शामिल हैं। खुबानी और सूखे खुबानी की खेती और लोकप्रियता समय के साथ दुनिया के विभिन्न हिस्सों में फैल गई।
जैसे-जैसे व्यापार मार्गों का विस्तार हुआ, खुबानी के पेड़ों को मध्य पूर्व, उत्तरी अफ्रीका, यूरोप और अंततः अमेरिका जैसे क्षेत्रों में लाया गया। आज भी, सूखे खुबानी एक प्रिय और बहुमुखी भोजन बने हुए हैं।
उन्हें नाश्ते के रूप में आनंद लिया जाता है, खाना पकाने और बेकिंग में उपयोग किया जाता है, और उनकी प्राकृतिक मिठास और पोषण संबंधी लाभों के लिए सराहना की जाती है।.
Nutrition Facts of Dried Apricots
|Nutrient||Amount per 100g|
|Dietary Fiber||7.3 g|
|Vitamin A (as beta-carotene)||1926 g (213% DV)|
|Vitamin E||4.33 mg (29% DV)|
|Potassium||1162 mg (25% DV)|
|Iron||2.66 mg (15% DV)|
|Calcium||55 mg (4% DV)|
Dried Apricots Benefits
Dried apricots offer a range of benefits due to their nutrient content and potential health-promoting properties.
Here are some of the key benefits of consuming dried apricots:
- Nutrient-Rich: Dried apricots are packed with essential nutrients, including dietary fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They are a good source of vitamin A, vitamin E, potassium, and iron, all of which play crucial roles in maintaining overall health.
- Dietary Fiber: Dried apricots are rich in dietary fiber, which supports healthy digestion and helps prevent constipation. Fiber also contributes to a feeling of fullness, potentially aiding in weight management.
- Vitamin A: Dried apricots are a potent source of beta-carotene, a precursor to vitamin A. Vitamin A is essential for maintaining healthy vision, skin health, and immune function.
- Antioxidant Properties: The antioxidants present in dried apricots, including vitamin E and beta-carotene, help protect cells from oxidative stress and may contribute to reducing the risk of chronic diseases.
- Bone Health: Dried apricots contain important minerals like calcium, phosphorus, and potassium that contribute to maintaining strong and healthy bones.
- Heart Health: The potassium content in dried apricots supports heart health by helping regulate blood pressure and fluid balance. Additionally, their dietary fiber content may contribute to maintaining healthy cholesterol levels.
- Natural Energy Source: Dried apricots are a source of natural sugars, which can provide a quick and sustainable energy boost, making them a suitable snack for active individuals.
- Weight Management: The fiber content in dried apricots can help you feel fuller for longer, potentially reducing overall calorie intake and supporting weight management goals.
- Digestive Health: The combination of dietary fiber and natural sugars in dried apricots can promote a healthy digestive system by supporting regular bowel movements.
- Iron Source: Dried apricots are a good source of non-heme iron, which is important for preventing iron deficiency anemia and maintaining healthy oxygen transport in the body.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is an antioxidant that supports skin health and immune function, and may contribute to reducing inflammation.
- Convenience: Dried apricots are portable, non-perishable, and require no refrigeration, making them a convenient and nutritious snack option.
Apricot Dry Fruit Price
Here are some general apricot price ranges you might expect to find for different quantities and qualities of dried apricots:
|Quality/Quantity||Apricot Price Range|
|Basic (Bulk)||$5–10 per pound|
|Standard (Packaged)||$8–15 per pound|
|Organic/Premium||$12–$20+ per pound|
|Specialty Varieties||Varies widely|
Apricot Dry Fruit Price in India
Please note that the apricot price might have changed since then.
Here’s a general idea of the price range you might find for apricot-dried fruit in India:
|Quality||Apricot Price Range (Per Kilogram)|
|Basic (Bulk)||₹300 – 600|
|Standard (Packaged)||₹500 – ₹800|
|Organic/Premium||₹800 – ₹1200+|
How to Eat Apricot Dry Fruit
Eating dried apricot fruit is a versatile and enjoyable experience. You can savor them as a convenient snack, mix them with nuts for a balanced trail mix, or add them to oatmeal or cereal to enhance your morning routine.
Adding dried apricots to savory dishes like yogurt parfaits, salads, baking, and even stuffing adds natural sweetness. They can also make a paneer plate and a tea mix.
However, remember to consume it in moderation due to the natural sugar content in dried apricots.
Whether enjoyed alone or as a delightful addition to a variety of dishes, dried apricots provide a delicious and nutritious option to satisfy your craving.
Dried Apricot for Pregnant
Dried apricots can be a beneficial and nutritious addition to the diet of pregnant women.
Nutritional Benefits: Dried apricots are a good source of essential nutrients that can be particularly beneficial during pregnancy:
- Fiber: Dried apricots are high in dietary fiber, which can help alleviate common pregnancy-related digestive issues such as constipation.
- Vitamin A: Dried apricots contain beta-carotene, a precursor to vitamin A, which is important for fetal development, vision, and immune system health.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E, found in dried apricots, is an antioxidant that supports skin health and may contribute to overall immune function.
- Potassium: The potassium content in dried apricots can help maintain proper fluid balance and blood pressure during pregnancy
Pregnant women should consume them in limited quantities to avoid excessive calorie intake. Suitable portion size can be a small handful (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup) as a snack or added to a meal.
Sulfur Dioxide Consideration:
Some dried apricots are treated with sulfur dioxide to preserve their color and extend their shelf life. If you’re concerned about sulfites or prefer to avoid them, look for unsulfured dried apricots.
Consultation with the Healthcare Provider:
Pregnant women should always consult their healthcare provider or a registered dietitian before making significant changes to their diet.
Dried apricots can be a nutritious and tasty addition to a pregnant woman’s diet, providing fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
People also ask
What is the benefits of dried apricots?
Dried apricots offer nutrients like fiber, vitamins A and E, and potassium. They support digestion, eye health, and immunity.
Is it OK to eat dried apricots every day?
Eating dried apricots in moderation is generally fine. They’re nutritious, but their natural sugars mean moderation is key.
Is Dry Apricot good for your hair?
Dried apricots provide vitamins and antioxidants that can contribute to overall hair health.
How many dry apricots a day?
A small handful of dried apricots (about 1/4 to 1/2 cup) is a suitable portion.
What is the price of 1kg apricot?
In India, dried apricots are commonly available in various qualities, with prices ranging from ₹300 to ₹1200+ per kilogram.